Sunday, May 6, 2012

TEA-cher Appreciation

Friday night, I was laying in bed with my mind racing, as always and I was going back and forth about what to do for Teddy's preschool teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week which is May 7th-11th. I know most parents probably won't do anything but these ladies are very important people in my son's life and I wanted to do something small to remind them how much we appreciate them! As I was drifting off to sleep it came to me! Mugs with tea and a cute card! I decided to use these adorable monogrammed mugs from Anthropologie! If you know me, you know, I LOVE anything monogrammed...whether it is a traditional three letter monogram, two letters or even a one letter mono. I knew the monogrammed mugs would be the perfect start to this cute little gift. Then I added a box of Tazo Zen Tea to each mug. I'm sure after or even during a long day dealing with 3-5 year olds, this tea could be just what the doctor teacher ordered! Honestly, these ladies probably need something stronger than tea at the end of a long day but wine just doesn't seem appropriate to gift my child's teacher! ha! Then, I tied one of these awesomely adorable spoons to each little gift...the spoons are really sweet and cute in person.  I love them and am going to buy more to keep around...they would be a cute topper to lots of different gifts!!! I wrapped each mug in a little cellophane bag and attached little tea bag cards to each gift...they are pretty darn cute if I say so myself! They say "You are a wonderful TEA-cher! I appreciate all you do! xoxo, Teddy" I LOVE how the cards turned out. They are exactly as I imagined them to look! Yay! I love when that happens...though for me, most projects do not go as planned and I think they often turn out better that way! These little gifts were really so simple to make and didn't take much time to assemble after I purchased my supplies! This could be a perfect gift for pretty much anyone on your list, but if you're looking for the perfect thing to gift one of your child's teachers this week, look no further! Easy and affordable! This is definitely a gift I would love to receive myself! So, go ahead, show your teachers some love this week!











xoxo,
Ashley


9 comments:

  1. Super sweet, Ashley! I didn't even know it was teacher appreciation week. I better get it in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea so much!!! So glad you have a blog!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Honestly, having worked with kids, I always loved things that I could really use -- like a mug and tea. No more body and bath products...if I hadn't been so fastidious about getting rid of them, I'd have enough to open my own store by now. Your gift is way better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandi!! Teddy's teachers really loved them! Makes me so happy! xoxo!

      Delete
  4. So sweet! Who wouldn't want to receive this?! Much better than the over-the-top daily obligatory gift card, flower, note, candy bar gifts our school requires. Grrrrr... Great gift idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CJ! Thank you so much! I so enjoyed creating these and my son's teachers loved them! The stuff that your school requires does sound over the top!!! Wow! xo!

      Delete
  5. Love this!!!! Plan to put one together this week! Where did you get the spoons? Super cute!

    ReplyDelete